10 Fat Loss Tips From Dr Eric Serrano – Part 1
It’s no secret amongst the best health and fitness professionals that Dr Eric Serrano is the most advanced in the world when it comes to training and nutrition. It is very rare that people will get a chance to learn from him in person as he does not like flying. We were lucky enough to visit him on his only previous European trip and when the chance came up to attend his two day seminar in Oliver Cummings gym in Derry we couldn’t turn it down.
I had only arrived from America yesterday morning and only had 4/5 hours sleep in the previous 48 but myself John Cullen and Rebekah both personal trainers and fat loss coaches from ProFitness Gym Balbriggan set off on our journey up north. Despite the tiredness I learned an unbelievable amount of information on Day 1 and I have 10 tips (plus a bonus) for you. It could easily have been 100+ tips but I scanned thru my notes quickly to give you some tips that you can implement immediately.
- Coconut oil must be organic virgin and when you buy It it should be in a dark bottle. If it’s in a clear or transparent bottle it is damaged and should be avoided as this can turn it to bad fats.
- As you know from my previous blogs and the guest expert bloggers I have had such as Jonny Bowden that high cholesterol and heart disease is a myth and increasing your good cholesterol is essential for the health of all your other hormones. Dr Serrano said that people over 55 with a cholesterol score of 250 or under increase their chances of dying from cancer by 4000% and increase their risk of a brain problem by 8000%
- Men with low cholesterol have low testosterone. So if you want to make some babies guys you need to start getting those good fats in. Low testosterone can have a massive impact on all your other hormones as well as the man down below J
- Ladies with low cholesterol increase their estrogen too much causing many problems including weight/fat gain. Pretty ironic that you need to increase your fat to decrease your fat, but if you have been a regular reader of my blogs you will know this.
- Men can eat a lot more fat than women who need to have a little more carbs especially on the week of their cycle.
- Butter is great for cooking with but make sure it stays yellow throughout cooking. If it goes brown its being cooked at too high heat.
- Balance of your fats is essential– people who are beginning a traditional healthy eating plan by misinformed health professionals take in way too much polyunsaturated fats like fish oil and neglect the much needed saturated fats and monounsaturated fats. You can get these from coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and butter to name but a few.
- Touching on point 7 – Fish oil is superb for lowering body fat but needs to be taken in balance with the other fats – too much fish oil will create an imbalance.
9. GOLDEN NUGGET – Drink a hot drink while eating meal high in fat.
10. Eggs are an excellent source of protein but also show up high on a food intolerance test. The best way to not pick up this intolerance is to A) not overeat them B) vary the way you cook them and C) scramble them if you had a previous intolerance and want to add them back in. I tried this for breakfast in hotel this morning, so lets see!!
11. Bonus Tip – Apple cider vinegar is amazing for health and can lower insulin response by 21%. Take 2-3 tablespoons every morning, first thing to melt bodyfat and balance blood sugars.
I know you will take a lot from the above tips. If you would like to get more in depth nutritional advice and get a customised nutrition plan written out for you personally with the correct Protein,Fats and Carbs balance please fill out the form below.