8 Top Tips For Better Sleep
Sleep is probably the most under rated component of fat loss and people neglect it too much. Getting a great nights sleep is something we advise all of our clients. But it isn’t just as simple as saying “get 8 hours of sleep“. You need some actionable steps, things you can do right away to help improve your sleep. Today I have 8 simple yet highly effective steps that will improve your sleep and help you reduce your belly fat.
1. Water Intake – It is so important you drink water regularly through the day as if you are dehydrated the body gets stressed and high cortisol (the stress hormone) will impact your sleep and waistline.
2. Exercise – Doesn’t really need a whole lot of explaining but if you exercise during the day and don’t sleep better I will be greatly surprised.
3. Don’t watch telly at least 1 hour before bed, instead try to read a book. Looking at things like the news when we see and hear about shocking world stories or events, believe it or not actually stimulates our flight or flight response causing us to stay awake when we should be sleeping.
4. Turn off your laptop, ipad and phone and try not to stay up on facebook right before you try go to sleep. If on the odd occasion you HAVE to stay up to do something on your mobile/computer device you can get an app called Tweetbot
5. Tulsi tea or calmomile tea 30 minutes before bed works like a charm and has an amazing relaxing and calming effect on the body (I use two tea bags)
6. Magnesium – tablets or topical (cream) works very well. I would suggest 500mg about 45 mins before bed. I like the Poliquin blend or Phil Richards blend. Try pick types of magnesium that ends in ATE and not oxide.
7. Listening to calming music is very relaxing and something I suggest you try – you know the type you listen to when getting a massage!
8. Hot baths or shower before bed – the heat will help to relax your muscles, this works brilliantly and you will notice a big difference in how relaxed you are when you hit the pillow.
If you begin implementing these tips it won’t take long to ingrain them as habit and get the benefits of less stress, more sleep and in turn LESS BODY FAT!
Enjoy your new found sleep and energy the next day!